Safety Rules and Ride Policies
Soul City Cycling has a set of safety protocols and ride policies that each rider is expected to follow to help ensure a safe and enjoyable ride for all.
- Each rider is expected to wear a helmet at all times
- Riders are expected to obey all traffic laws for the state of Mississippi. To see what those laws are, click here
- Both front lights and rear lights are required for any ride
- NO riding on aero bars while in paceline
- Make your own decision when to cross an intersection, do not just rely on someone else saying it’s clear
- Stop at all stop signs and red lights
- Know your ability, don’t try to ride beyond your comfort or skill level
- Avoid the door zone of parked cars
- Be predictable
- In the event of an accident, do not confront a motorist, instead get their license plate number and vehicle descriptions. Report incident to police
- Earbuds or over-the-ear listening devices are not allowed. Any listening device that impairs your situational awareness decreases your safety and the safety of your fellow riders.